Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Viva Mexico!

M and I just got back from an 8 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera with our friends Kevin and Chelsey. E was with Aunt Tash, Grandma and Great Grandma...I think she had a major vacation to! We Rented a Honda Rino in Mazatlan ...

Hiked up this stupid mountain. BTW I am six months pregnant and have been having serious hip problems with this one so naturally I didn't want to go on the hike. I said, you guys go ahead and I will wait here in the Rino. But after major peer pressure "Oh just come on MQ, you will regret it when we get back and tell you how awesome it was!" I went. I hated every minute (I don't handle heat very well either) and frankly had a major bad attitude (sorry M and K&C), ran down the mountain only to find at the bottom of the hike a HUGE 6 foot black snake!! Yes, you know how snakes do that hissing thing and lift their head up and open their huge mouths?? Yeah, it did that to me accompanied by a large chomp to indicate it was going to eat me alive. So, naturally I screamed, ran to the Rino, and jumped in without even opening the door. K said he didn't know a pregnant woman could run that fast. Its funny now, but at the time I was terrified!

We went to an awesome glass factory in Cabo San Lucus and M got to blow glass.


Ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, bought a pin...



And ordered Nachos. What I didn't realize was that they were Nachos Grande! Seriously the plate was bigger than my 6 month prego belly, but oh so delicious.
We loved Puerto Villarta, its absolutely beautiful. Sorry no pics, we cant find our camera. Thanks M for such a fun time! I love spending time with you!





6 comments:

Jana Lyn said...

Lucky ducky you! Brings back good memories of just a few years ago. I'm happy K&C finally were able to go. Good Luck catching up!
Jana

Kelly Simonsen said...

I hate myself for not going with...

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Looks like a fun trip! I'm with you-I wouldn't want to hike..and especially if I knew it would end in a scary snake! I'm glad you could find some friends to go--cruises are so much fun! So how was it to leave E? We had a hard time leaving Logan for even 4 days when we went. We tried calling on Friday to see if you wanted to meet (I know you probably didn't get much recpetion). We figured you would pretty anxious to get on your way home when you landed back home. Hopefully we'll see ya at Michelle's shower and you can tell us more about it!

Darci said...

we were sad to miss it- looks so fun! i REALLY want nachos now :)

Kristi said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to see you're blogging is back!! I've been DYING for an update on you and your family.

Wow. Looks like such a funnnnn vacation!!! I'm a bit jealous. :)

You're pregnant again!?!? CONGRATS!!! What are you having? Boy? Girl?

Your Eliza is so cute. She looks like a very good mix of the two of you. She has the same little mole above her lip as you do. So cute.

Darci said...

ps: i did make nachos that very day and i made WAY too much...my eyes are bigger than my super squished up stomach can handle!